West Haverstraw is a village incorporated in 1833 in the town of Haverstraw, Rockland County, New York, United States. It is located northwest of Haverstraw village, east of Thiells, south of the hamlet of Stony Point, and west of the Hudson River.
Schools in West Haverstraw:
- Treason House - Route 9W - Long Clove Congers - Haverstraw, near where Route 304 runs into Route 9W. On the night of September 21–22, 1780, Major John André landed at this point to confer with Maj. Gen. Benedict Arnold, who gave secret information about West Point fortifications and forces to André. At dawn, the conspirators adjourned to the Belmont House, owned by Thomas Smith and occupied by his brother Joshua Hett Smith in West Haverstraw, to complete their plans. "Clove" is from Dutch for "pass."
- Crossroads - Route 9W and West Railroad Avenue
- Col. A. H. Hay - Route 9W
- Samsondale - 40 South Route 9W
Landmarks and places of interest
- Babes Restaurant
- Fraser-Hoyer House (NRHP)
- Haverstraw Bay Park
- Haverstraw Marina
- Helen Hayes Hospital, rehabilitation hospital named after its benefactor, the actress Helen Hayes
- Henry M. Peck House Site (NRHP)
- Hoyer's Ice Cream Stand
- Peck's Pond
For more information about West Haverstraw and the neighborhood, call a Q Home Sales Representative 845-35Q-HOME (845-357-4663)
West Haverstraw Properties
- Chestnut Ridge
- New City
- New Hempstead
- Pearl River
- Spring Valley
- Stony Point
- Valley Cottage
- Wesley Hills
- West Haverstraw
- West Nyack
The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
Copyright © 2023 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.
The source of the displayed data is either the property owner or public record provided by non-governmental third parties. It is believed to be reliable but not guaranteed. This information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc.
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Last date updated: Dec 7, 2023 4:50:pm.
Source: New Jersey Multiple Listing Service, Inc.
© 2023 New Jersey Multiple Listing Service, Inc, All Rights Reserved.